Re: Toby TABS

Jeff and List - The signed original engineering drawings, material
specifications, and all associated quality control paperwork are
safely in my personal files. The vendor has the documents as well,
and could produce another batch if requested. The batch would
probably have to be a minimum of 100 pieces for him to consider it,
and he would require a prepayment for the entire production run. His
costs include the material, setup, manufacturing time and equipment,
and costs associated with having two separate certified inspection
laboratories inspect and certify both the material and the
configuration of the final product. Bottomline - This is more
involved than making a phone call and making some metal chips. I
trust that you all understand that. As far as the actual material
used in the TOBY-TAB's, I selected a nickle-based superalloy called
Inconel 718 because it is one of the strongest, stiffest, and most
corrosion resistant materials around. There is none better that is
available to mere humans. I believe that there is a long series of
articles in the tech files section entitled "Trailing Arm Bolt
Engineering" or something similar for those who are brave enough to
dive into them again. For those of you who have a set of these bolts -
congratulations. For those who didn't want to buy a set for whatever
reason - good luck.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gr8old1 <Gr8old1@xxxx>"