Re: [DML] Toby TABS

Yes, Darryl, these bolts are just about the most hazardous bolts on
the entire car if not replaced. To all that have not experienced it
and few have and wish it on nobody out there, one of my bolts snapped
going about 20 miles/hour from a parking lot. The car was driven hard
across some railroad tracks only 10 minutes earlier. If it was not
for that stunt, I might have made it to the highway and had the bolt
snap on me at 70mph and probably not here to talk about it now. Most
mechanics will be able to get the hardest steel bolt for a
replacement and that was done after a 30 mile tow to the shop. I
trust my mechanic so I just told him that these bolts have to be
tough enough for the job and so I drive safely again. PLEASE have
them replaced!! Minor cracks inside the bolt is enough to bend and
break these bolts. If it is not done, DO IT! I don't care how little
you've driven the car or garaged it for that matter. Factory bolts
were not the best!!
Good luck .
Jan E. 10250