Re: [DML] How difference between 500+ page Vinyl repair manual and vende

Re: [DML] How difference between 500+ page Vinyl repair manual and vender's one

In a message dated 1/12/2003 11:40:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ttanaka504@xxxx writes:

> Hello, list. I found the OLD DeLorean 500+ page Vinyl repair manual
> in ebay last night, and wonder How difference between this and a repair
> manual from D venders?
> Please can anyone tell me about it.
>
> you may see the picture from
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewitem&item=1875505454&;
> ssPageName=ADME:X:ON:US:2

That is the "Technical Owners Guide/Parts Manual" issued by the now defunct
DeLorean Motor Club of America. They have been out of print for years. The
Owners Guide part is a copy of the likewise unavailable Technical Service
Manual long out of print from DMC. Is it different from the commonly
available repro Workshop Manual? Yes, but material from it is replicated in
the Workshop Manual. Illustrations are obviously different. As for the
text, I suspect they're not actually identical, but can't swear by it.
Haven't had time to check it out word by word. (Can anyone on the DML add
their 2 cents on that?)
The second part is the standard second edition owners manual by DMC that can
still be bought as a repro from vendors.
Another difference is that it's nice to have them in the same binder... so
you can flip to the Parts section for clarification. Much larger and more
detailed illustration than many of the repair manual illustrations.
Where can you get one? One comes up on ebay every few months.
I've seen them go for anywhere from $75. to over $125. Conditions vary.

Wayne A. Ernst
New DeLorean Manual Project (still alive but stopped counting when I got past
40 original manuals)