Re: [DML] A person with a delorean in his near future

Re: [DML] A person with a delorean in his near future

Welcome to the group Hasan! Not to add another me too... but I'm 6'3" and fit just fine inside my D. You will just have to lean back your seat more than you do in a regular car to be able to close the door. I believe I actually have more legroom in my D than I do in my Grand Prix daily driver. For such a tiny little car (my D is about belly button high on me), it is a surprisingly roomy car inside. The only problem is entry and exit when you're over 6' tall... you kinda have to fold yourself in half to get in and out... haha!

I was 19 when I bought my DeLorean (I'm a ripe old 20 now!). Alot of people discourage people under the age of 25 from buying D's. I am proof you can be young and own one of these cars... and there are people who are 3 or 4 years younger than me on this list as well. Just don't spend all your money on purchasing the car... you're going to have to have about $5k in reserves for all the fun little unexpected things that pop up in your first year of ownership. I could tell you some stories. I also highly recommend you keeping another car as a daily driver until you can be assured your D is going to be dependable. These cars are 22 years old... and lots of stuff needs replacing!

So the best advice I have for you is to read the DML and get in contact with owners in your area... they proved invaluable to me. I learned so much from them by tagging along with them to D events... and dragging them to look at potential buys for me. I was involved in the community about 2 years before I ended up getting my '82 DeLo. I think anyone can own a DeLorean... as long as they're well educated in the car, have lots of patience, and a huge amount of love for these machines... because ownership will test all of these... LOL. Despite DeLoreans being money pits (what classic/exotic isn't one?), I wouldn't have any other car. I *ADORE* my DeLorean... and still find myself staring into the garage in disbelief that I actually own one! Best of luck on your path to ownership!

Louie Golden
#10115 Sanford, NC

It's not too late to get your 1/18 scale Diecast DeLorean model! To order, call 800/USA-DMC1 or visit our online store at http://www.delorean.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxx w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag