Re: Fan Fail Relay

Gus - I have given the article to several people over the years. The
only real changes I have made except for a few language changes was
to add the following disclaimer. It applies to all of the articles
that may be floating around.

Harold McElraft - 3354

DISCLAIMER

The discussions and modifications described in this paper are not
warranted or guaranteed by me, Harold McElraft, in any way. The
descriptions and instructions are not guaranteed to be completely
accurate. Although I have read the paper thoroughly and attest that
I have performed the modifications herein described to DeLoreans I
own or have owned, and others, there is no assurance that I
described the modification procedures correctly in this paper or in
the diagrams.
Automotive electrical systems can be very dangerous. Improper
procedures and/or errors can lead to major property damage, serious
personal injury, and even death. Only those who are qualified and
familiar with automotive electrical systems should attempt to
perform any of the modifications or procedures described in this
article. If you attempt to do them, you do so at your own risk.

This article was originally written around 1985.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gusbear <gus@xxxx>" <gus@xxxx>
wrote:
> You're right, Harold, the rewire of the A/C and cooling fans works
> great. I have your car! I was shocked when I learned that stock
> DeLoreans cycle the fans an/off with the compressor.
>
> Buried in all the misc. papers I received with my DMC was a set of
> instructions and diagrams explaining this wiring modification. I
> have scanned both text and diagrams, cleaned them up a bit, and
put
> them in the Files section as "acmod.pdf".
>
> Personally, I would recommend a drop-in solution like the
FanZilla,
> but this mod can be done with minimal expense. Also, for those of
> you that have discovered you have this modification, here is the
> description of what was likely done (since this was authored 20
> years ago and was probably passed around amongst Houston-area
> enthusiasts, at the least).
>
> I hope you don't mind, Harold, but I left your name on it. :-)
> You're free to review it and pass along errors or corrections and
> will update the file.
>

> Gus Schlachter
> Austin, TX
> VIN# 4695
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft@xxxx>"
> <hmcelraft@xxxx> wrote:
> > Twenty years ago I messed with this circuit and did rebuild a
fan
> > relay. Don't waste your time. The module is not worth it.
However,