Re: [DML] Rear ended and insurance

Indeed, a lot of insurances have "approved" repair facilities. However, when I had to deal with my co., Allstate, I told them I approved the facilities, the shop's job was to do the repairs, their job was to pay the bill, & my job was to take care of MY car! Do you have a problem with that? They said "uh, no." They paid the bill. You are NOT obligated to go to any particular shop in Okla. YOU choose, THEY pay. I've also learned not to accept a check before the work is done. When the job is complete (there may be hidden damage), the shop notifies the insurance, & a check is then cut. I do not tolerate being jerked around any more than I have to be. (And we all know how much we get jerked around with coverage/premiums!) Just a bit of what I have learned & how I deal with this type of problem, FWIW. Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

From: "Mike" <mquinto@xxxx> Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [DML] Rear ended and insurance Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 12:33:11 -0800

Hello List,
I posted a couple weeks go about my DeLorean being rear ended. I want to
give insurance info updates.
I have been in constant contact by the other guys insurance, Superior
Insurance group.
I have AAA And when this first happened they were most helpful and gave me
the agents name and # who would be handling my DeLorean.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address: moderators@xxxx