Re: A/C Problem, Repairable?

With all of the repair history on the A/C the best thing would be to
start all over again. Replace any questionable (field repaired) hoses,
all of the seals and "O" rings, flush, purge, and pressure test, send
the compressor out for rebuild or just replace. With contamination
known to be in the system the safe thing is to replace the
accumulater. At this time it is good to consider converting from R-12.
I suggest you find yourself a well equipped shop that can handle this
and do it right. It might get expensive but it is more expensive to do
it cheaply and often. Fortunatly the A/C system in the Delorean isn't
too unfamiliar to most A/C shops. Just lend them the Workshop Manual
and tell them which Delorean vender you want them to get the parts
from. Once properly fixed the system is pretty reliable. As far as
replacing parts you could proabably do it yourself but any shop would
just go over your work to clean the system and check for leaks. Unless
you have the manifold gauge set, vacuum pump and gasses you will have
to go to a shop anyway. Since you seem to be in California you really
can't enjoy the Delorean without A/C so to use the car you really need
to have a functional A/C system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxx>"