Re: Rear ended and insurance

This might also be a good time to consider installing a CHMSL, or 3rd brake
light. I can't speak for every other drivetr out there, but in traffic I focus on other
people's 3rd brake light, and not their side clearance lights unless they don't
have any when it comes to brake lights. With an exotic car such as the
DeLorean people will always stare at it more than they pay attention to what
the driver is actually doing. Combine that with the low clearance lights on the
back, and the danger is even higher of getting into a collision. The sacrafice of
two holes drilled into the louvre is nothing compared to risking the facia, both
quarter panels, lenses, and personal injury. Next time you're @ a service
center, or other DeLorean gathering, take a look at a car which has the
Corvette style light installed (a pic of mine is in the photos section). It looks
totally stock, and doesn't detract from the looks of the car at all. I've even been
asked by knowlegeable collectors, and other people including a car
salesman that used to work at a DMC dealership @ what year did the
company start installing the light on cars? It looks that good.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"