Re: vapor canister...

If I'm not mistaken, stock DMC sucks PCV and emissions through the
cold start tube, downhill of throttle plates and a definite potential
source of vacuum leak (remember: vacuum is what triggers air sensor
plate, attached to fuel piston etc). My PRV re-engine sucks through
the U pipes (see page C:02:01) -- same basic effect. You don't want
any air entering the engine unless it's passed the air sensor plate
(my PCV may be an exception -- curiously blends with a line from the
air filter housing. Don't know if stock DMC does that too).

Removed my vapor canister because that's where the vacuum canister for
cruise control will go (yes, I know DMC's unit is right next door, but
that system is intact no problem, with a humongous hose, and I don't
much like emissions anyway...). Remember to cap line from the fuel
tank -- is a direct link. I recommend keeping PCV because it does cut
down on crap buildup under the valve covers (PCV pre-dates emissions
BTW, probably for that reason).

De-emissioning a car can be a subjective, and illegal, procedure.
DeLorean system is really fairly benign: no EGR or smog pump. Apparent
proof that PRV is a clean engine. My feelings on catalytic converter
have been "exhaustively" covered AGAIN in recent posts.

Getting back to cold start tube -- potential source of vacuum leak
could be tube's connection to the manifold. Is only bolted down with
an O ring. And is 3/4". Next time you've got your upper air assembly
loose, don't forget to check.

Bill Robertson