RE: [DML] biggest speaker possible in rear speaker holes

RE: [DML] biggest speaker possible in rear speaker holes

I have a bass sub-woofer in the box behind the driver's seat. Since low
bass is non-directional you pretty-much feel it rather than hear it, so it
works well for both the driver and passenger.

My setup simply taps the bass off of both rear speakers and amplifies it for
the sub-woofer. The amp is in the bottom of the same box as the speaker.
This is a very simple arrangement, but it provides all the bass I could ever
want, while reducing the load on the rest of the speakers so they don't get
over-driven. I replaced all four old, torn paper speakers with two-way
speakers in the stock locations. Everything looks stock except for the gray
speaker cloth on the replacement driver's seat box cover. This setup also
allows the stock balance and fader controls to work.

A better (and more costly) setup would be a 4-channel amp with built-in
electronic cross-overs. You could run all four channels from the radio
outputs to the amp, only send high and mid-range to the stock locations, and
send only bass to the sub-woofer.

Gary
IN2TIME