Re: Blown A/C hose

There is a pressure relief valve on the A/C compressor for just such a
reason. In all likelyhood you did not blow a hose, just the safety
valve. It is supposed to reset but sometimes they will continue to
leak. Even if you didn't damage anything you at least need to recharge
the system. Find a good A/C shop in your area and have the system leak
tested and recharged. If the shop is really good they will replace the
safety and refill the system with fresh oil too. This might be a good
time to switch over to one of the drop-in replacements for R-12
anyway. I am having good luck with R-414a, a blended drop-in
replacement. It blows colder then R-12, is compatible with the
origional oil and seals, and is a lot cheaper.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "delorean3543 <Delorean3543@xxxx>"