Re: [DML] Metal coolant bottle

I too have always wanted a coolant bottle with a window on the side
to measure the coolant level. While doing some last minute shopping
yesterday @ Target, I noticed a very unusual SS canister for dry
goods. This one has a flush window inplace to see the level of the
contents inside.
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=189832

Something like this would be very nice to have on the coolant bottle,
except of course to have it mounted verticly. The canister in the
link above just uses a plastic insert, and a frame press-fitted into
place rather than welded. Does anyone know if this can be done?
Eventually when I get around to customizing my interior, I figure on
also installing a float just like Volvo cars into the surge tank to
activate a warning light when the level is too low. So when I have a
custom bottle made, I'd like to have a window like this installed as
well.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxx> wrote:
> I like this one better because it looks like an exact replacement
for the
> plastic one. The new metal bottle looks like it wasn't meant for
our car.
> It doesn't fit aesthetically. I need one like yours.
>

> Joseph
> vin 2850

<SNIP>