Possible Serious Problem?

I took my DeLorean to the car wash a week ago and degreased the engine with a pressure washer. After that it started sputtering and had a severe loss in power. I pulled a few spark plug wires and of coarse determined that the problem was water in the spark plug wells. I knew after seeing it that I would have to disassemble the top of the engine to replace the spark plugs and wires.

The possible problem is that tonight when I came back from the grocery store I noticed the engine felt hotter than normal, so I opened the engine bay. I was in shock as I saw that my header was red hot, glowing in the dark of my garage! Have I damaged the engine by driving it just a few miles in this condition? I'm pretty sure it's just fuel building up and then burning hotter in one or more of the cylinders that doesn't fire every revolution. But I'm worried it might have warped or damaged the engine in some way!

Has anyone else experienced this? I checked the archives and all I could find was mentions of a leaking header gasket causing the "glowing header".

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Scott Tester scott(at)delorean(dot)com

It's not too late to get your 1/18 scale Diecast DeLorean model! To order, call 800/USA-DMC1 or visit our online store at http://www.delorean.com