Re: Found a semi local delorean for sale

Re: Found a semi local delorean for sale

Bill,

It is a manual transmission. Im not really sure how I am with
flushing and replaceing fluids. Im really new to it all, but Im sure
I would be fine doing it. If I have any doubts there are some local
owners who have offered their help before, if I ever got a delorean.
I also have some friends in the mechanics business that could show,
help, or even do it for me if needs be. A big part of buying a
delorean(for me) was also a subsequent plan to teach myself how to
work on and understand cars in general(at least better than I know
now).

David,

I have figured on changing all the fluids and gas, the brake systems,
calipers, clutch, struts on the doors engine and trunk, new window
regulators, etc...

When looking for the rodent droppings, etc..., Where in particular
should I look.

unfortunately, I dont think the car was stored on pavement(at least
not if it has been sitting in the same place since 96). Its sitting
on a little strip of grass just wide enough for a car, that runs
along side a driveway and a building.

I will check for frame rust in the areas you mentioned. Ill let you
all know what I find.

Im hoping that the owner just wants to get rid of it, and realizes it
needs some work, and will part from it for fairly low $3,000-$6,000
range. In that case I would not mind putting some time and money
into it, and not being able to drive it for a bit till I get it all
fixed up. But much more than that, Ill just have to wait for a
running one to come along.

Either way, I think It would be fun to do, and fix it up to a good
working order. I think it would have more sentimental value to me
that way as well. Also, Id be a bit more familiar working with it
for later on if anything else needs work.

Any other tips suggestions, etc... feel free to add on. Ill be
calling the owners tomorrow, and hopefully going out to take a closer
look.

Ill keep ya posted. And thanks everyone who has replied or emailed me
with help, I appreciate it greatly.

Regards,

Paul