Re: [DML] DeLorean's Soul

I have no idea how to spell that word! But the point I think James L
is making is more on a non biological level. Instead of a person
recieving a 'transplant', what about an electronic heart, an iron
lung, a stainless steel kidney and a used spleen and so on... Well,
its not that great a comparison versus a human/car, ooops, Icon!, but
I can see both ways.

To me, replacing about everything in a car, and its still the same
car, provided the vin hasnt been changed, is all right. If that has,
something illegal has gone on. A DeLorean is a DeLorean, whether is
be a 5xx vin or something around 20xxx. Replace it with the proper
parts and your D wont have rejection syndrome.

On a final note, if I had a heart transplant, do I turn into the guy
who gave me the heart?

Tom Porter/Maine
Vin: Summer/Fall 2003

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxx> wrote:
> Good anamatapea. (sp?) Now, reverse it. If one receives a heart,
> lung, liver, or kidney transplant, and/or loses a spleen, appendix,
> or yards of intestine, are they the same person? Ask them...
> My cars will always BE my cars.
>
> Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

[moderator snip]