Bus Windows and Brown Interior

Or mabye just the standard black will do.

I was in the archives reminising about the old days when DeLoreans
had sliding windows, airbags and a (partial) digital dash. Ok, so
the styling wasn't quite on, but I think the prototypes were a bit
better, well mabye not!

I have a very simple question, 2 of them really. Does anybody on the
list own a Very Rare Prototype, I think only 8-10 of them were
built. I read on the list a few years back that a guy found one of
these cars rotting in a front yard rusting away, and I also think a
tree branch smashed the front window. At first he knew it was a
DeLorean (the list member), but didn't realize it was a prototype,
even though he made the distinction that the car had sliding
windows. I wonder if anybody bought that car, or owns another one.
(Just for perserving history- I'm not going to steel it.

And the second question. I have also heard of pre 500 vin cars
around, not many due to them being disasembled back into parts. Does
anybody on the list have a pre 500 car? (I know a few have been sold
at auctions, but the ones I have heard of are ragged out/rusted).

And also, lastly, a third question...just came to mind, why are these
early cars all destroyed (the ones I have heard about). These people
dont know a unique car when they see it, not to mention an
irreplacible prototype/ pre production? I guess people have all
kinds of money to waste. I just hope the magots dont get to the
wooden mockup DMC. It appears that may be the only one left!

Tom Porter/ ME, USA
Vin: Summer/Fall 2003
'Donations Appreciated'