Re: [DML] Re: hydraulic fluid seeps

Kevin, With no opposing force to make the clutch disk slip, I doubt you could
tell if it was slipping with wheels off the ground. I would say to a trained
mechanic, it would be hard to tell if the clutch was slipping. When on the
ground your trying to move about 3000 LB's with a person in the car.
When you put the car in gear and let out on the clutch pedal, you would feel
it slip before it goes. Another way would be, the further you have to push
down on the clutch pedal to dis engage the transmission.
When you put in a new clutch and compare to the old one, you'll really see
what I mean.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< I noticed that with the back end up, wheels off, engine running in neutral,
that the hubs actually spin a bit, but not totally steady (or, maybe that
was my junior mechanic pumping the brakes). Is that normal, is that signs of
a worn clutch?