New to the group

Hi all,

I hope you guys read this all. Sorry its so long. But it does give
a little background on me and why I joined this list ;) As well as
some questions since I am considering becoming an owner.

I have loved the DeLorean for as long as I remember (probably
since I saw Back To The Future Pt I considering I wasn't in
kindergarden when they stopped making the car). I have always thought
it would be the coolest car to own and drive. It has always been a
future goal to own my very own one.

Now that I am older than I was (didn't really grow up) I think its
more of a reality that I could get one. But I figured I should find
out what owning one is like before I make a mistake because I was
disillusioned. I wouldn't want one that would sit for ever collecting
dust because I didn't have the time to fix it. I spent a lot of
yesterday reading through the dmcnews webpage (was very glad to
randomly find it) and through the previous posts for the last month.
I learned alot, including that there was no electric motor powered
doors which made the car a death trap (which I heard from an
unreliable source). Any way let me get to the point. They seem to
take a lot of time. And I was wondering how much time. I mainly want
to know how much time would be needed to keep it in good running
condition. (and looking nice :) ) I am looking into getting it as a
second car (sometime when I have the money) and using it for my
commute to work (which right now is 1 mile but that will change in
the next year or so). I hope no one offended by me wanting to do that
but I think it would be the coolest car to drive around. Is this a
good thing to use it for or not?

I would appreciate any input :)

Thanx
John

VIN: Why do you guys list your vin's (I think its cool just wondering
why?)

--
<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding;"