Info from Martin G's PRV man?

According to original owner's son's best friend (got all that?):

Factory block was prematurely melted. Replacement installed by a Volvo
mechanic or dealership. Is PRV, but differs from factory in several
respects:

No Lambda system whatsoever. Fuel distributor has a dimple where lower
chambers would be accessed, but never tapped & nippled. Distributor is
also aluminum finish, not black. Frequency valve nowhere to be seen.
You'd think lack of Lambda would yield an extra horse or two, but I
seem to be slower off the line than stock vehicle with it.

All fuel lines (except to & from tank) are formed steel (like brake
lines).

Warm up regulator looks totally different, and the acceleration
chamber(?) is a separate adjacent canister, not integral. Only one
vacuum nipple on that canister BTW (unused when I bought car). I've
tried running a line to it with no noticeable effect. Warm up
regulator worked great this morning at 34 degrees (yay!).

PCV sucks through U pipes, not cold start tube (I've got a 1/4" yoke
straddling the pipes attached to nipples on each side).

No throttle closed micro switch (wouldn't the Volvo mechanic have
transferred?). Idle speed motor was hard wired on at all times.
Apparently stuck closed when I bought car (would not run without
bypass screws). Now appears stuck open (idles @ 3,000 even with screws
closed). I've thrown away.

Access to fuel mixture screw is tapped and sealed with a bolt, not a plug.

No idle solenoid on the ignition spark advance.

Timing marks on number 1 cylinder only (nothing on number 6).

Since your friend is a PRV guru, could he tell me what I'm running
around on? Will quote casting numbers if he can tell me where on block
to look. I'm especially curious if the poor thing has a ghost chance
of performance, or was it really designed for Sven to drive the grandkids
to the movies?

Bill Robertson

BTW: If you're truly interested in horsepower, next time you're on our
side of the pond let me introduce you to a 460 inch (that's 7.5
liters) number Ford cooked up in the late '60's...