Re: [DML] refabricate tosion bars

How large of a batch are they going to have made? I dont currently own a Delorean, but plan on it next year. At that time, I would be the type to order such an item "just incase" but no need to order it until I have a D.

Samuel.

id wrote:

houston is making the drivers side bars but they need 12 people to pre-purchase them to get a new batch of drivers side torsion bars made. i read they will be the same price as the passenger side ones that are now for $386.25.

mark

Mike Aninger wrote:

It seems to me that the scarcity of these bars is incredible, especially the drivers side. I also understand that there is a special cryogenic process to go through to make these things. Even so, I cannot think of a more important item to remanufacture. With one going out, safety becomes a big issue for just getting in and out of the car. Will DMCH or PJ Grady be able to help us on this? Are there companies out there that make torsion bars? How will we overcome this problem in the next few years? It saddens me to think that other cars will be sacrificed and not restored all because of one bar.

-Mike A.
VIN# still working on that.....

moderators@xxxx

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address: moderators@xxxx