say there is not marks or scratches or in fact any evidence of damage to
anywhere else, except my wallet :-)

Paul

-------Original Message-------

From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02 November 2002 16:56:26
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Torison Bar

willinot wrote:

>Firstly. If this is a stupid question I applogise. I dont
>currently own a DeLorean but hope to soon.
>
>After reading recent posts about the torsion bar breaking I started
>thinking if this could happen while in the car and penetrate the
>interior thus hitting the driver/passenger. As I said this may be a
>very stupid question but I dont know how the torsion bar operates or
>how it is fitted.

If you look at the following link,

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir
asp?PageID=92&PageCat=8%2DFrame+and+Body

you'll see the torsion bar sits at the top of the door long ways. (from
the front windshield to the back windshield). I was too lazy to dig up a
real picture. If they snap, they are going to untwist so I dont think
they are going to go thru the T roofing panel. As far as i'm aware, the
passenger side bar still exists but the driver side one is no longer
available from the various vendors. The ones that are left would have to
be taken out of a current car.

>Thanks.
>
>Paul.
>
>ps: on a general note. What does the term flaming mean when used
>about responding to posts.

Usually responding in such a way that either your temper or someone
else's temper "goes off" so you end up in a yelling match.

Samuel

moderators@xxxx

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo
com/group/dmcnews