Re: [DML] bricklin question

> > park
> > > next to it for comparison and photos. I picked up an early low
> > > mileage AMC powered car for about $4,000 and can safely say that
> > was
> > > the worst car I have ever owned. It drove like a combination
kit
> > car
> > > and Javelin, and left me stranded at a bank drive-thru window.
> > > owned it for a seemingly endless 2.5 months. Since I have made
it
> > > point to have never lost money on a collector car, I was
determined
> > > that this lemon was not going to break my record. I ended up
> > selling
> > > it for less than $1.00 above my total investment, and it was the
> > best
> > > profit I ever made.

> > with
> > > how off-base I am. This was my experience with one particular
> > car.
> > > Your experience may vary.

> > park
> > > next to it for comparison and photos. I picked up an early low
> > > mileage AMC powered car for about $4,000 and can safely say that
> > was
> > > the worst car I have ever owned. It drove like a combination
kit
> > car
> > > and Javelin, and left me stranded at a bank drive-thru window.
> > > owned it for a seemingly endless 2.5 months. Since I have made
it
> > > point to have never lost money on a collector car, I was
determined
> > > that this lemon was not going to break my record. I ended up
> > selling
> > > it for less than $1.00 above my total investment, and it was the
> > best
> > > profit I ever made.

> > with
> > > how off-base I am. This was my experience with one particular
> > car.
> > > Your experience may vary.

---This is my experience with two Bricklins,and a quite a Few
Deloreans----past and present--

As a Bricklin owner since 1980,and most likely,THE first person to
do
a Gound up,strip down to the last bolt, (frame off) restoration on a
Delorean(in 1982),I think I
have
enough creditionals,to say that no matter how BAD of a shape a
Bricklin is,it is FAR easier and Less costly(and parts are easier
find,(Ford or AMC parts)than a Delorean,I bought a 1975 Bricklin
with a VERY rusted frame,non-
working doors,20lbs of newspapers in the hatch area,as a water
catcher,Brakes that took TWO feet just to try to slow down,Flapping
door skins,all the panels looked as if spiderman attacked them
(spiderweb like cracks everywhere),Shot interior(as if a dog chewed
it up),yet this car ran
perfect (vin#1136),the frame was repaired,without having to remove
the body(by a professional,licensed welder),water leaks repaired,the
Hydo-doors,were a easy fix(replaced with a hydro-pump from ebay,
from a mustang),the body panels were another easy fix
(resin/fiberglass/Gel-coat techniques(by me),ect,ect.Total cost,well
under $1500.00,Compare that to a
Delorean,British wiring(a nightmare)Frames turn to junk,if driven
as my
(Vin 1136 bricklin)(see below) was,Gremlins in EVERY area of a
Delorean,a fire
hazard looking for a place to happen,Expensive body panels to buy
new/repair them,VERY hard to find parts locally,or expensive,or not
to many interchangeable parts,ect,ect
(Vin#1136 Bricklin)was a everyday car
since
birth as a(24/7/365 days per year)car(and ALWAYS parked
outside)in the harsh Connecticut summers and Winters)(this was done
before my ownership)
If a Delorean
was treated as the above Bricklin,chances are,it would not have
survived,I also own Bricklin Vin# 1024 since 1980,
http://bricklin.org/images/Members/CLandi_1024.JPG and TOTAL repair
expenses on that car SINCE 1980 till 2002(not including normal
maintenance),has BEEN under $500.00,yes $500.00(and is still showcar
beautiful)
NOT $12,000.00(as a previous poster),compare that to ANY DELOREAN
EVER MADE--ANY-- MY POINT-any car that is well taken care of garaged
correct/or the owner knows how to do the CORRECT
maintenance/repairs/can locate parts at Reasonal prices,can keep any
car in tiptop, showroom/showcar/reliable condition. My Experience
with both B's and D's
P.S.
A Bricklin set up correct WILL handle just as good as a Delorean,and
vise versa.And a Delorean and Bricklin Together will ATTRACT more
attention than a Ferrari.
Both cars are equal to each other!! IF taken care of.

Claude
000570 plus three other Deloreans
and two Bricklins