Re: Please HELP my worst nightmare

Paul - I can't personally help you in terms of a replacement torsion
bar, but I can tell you that the torsion bars are at their highest
only time you will see a failure of the bar - either while opening or
closing the door, or while closed. I'm sorry to hear about this, and
I hope that somebody can come forward with a suitable spare. We had
talked on the List about making an aftermarket bar for the driver's
side, but the cost and complexity of the undertaking was more than any
one individual wanted to take on. As James Espey said in his post on
body panels, a positive ROI (return on investment) would be a long
time coming for a part like this, unless a larger enterprise could
take it on ... (DMCH?) I did talk to an expert on exotic metals just
today regarding this part, and he said that a relatively new alloy of
titanium would be perfect for this application. He did say that it
might be a "bit spendy" though. If anybody wants additional
information on it, let me know.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1