re:help my worst nightmare(broken torsion bar)

re:help my worst nightmare(broken torsion bar)

You have to realize that the torsion bars are under pressure when the door is closed.The fact that they wish to twist back to their original position is what opens the doors.DeLoreans stored with the doors shut for long periods are the most likely to have droopy door problems.As the car sits stored the bars are under the constant strain of being twisted.Then if the storage area is not climate controlled ( almost all are not) the temperature changing up and down works on the bars integrity slowly but surely.Eventually the doors are droopy or as in your case they break.I wonder if that bar damaged anything when it snapped you should check carefully.Storing the car with the doors shut also makes those piston things go bad.I would be willing to bet that the gold delorean in that bank has droopy doors.