Re: [DML] Moderators and dies

I agree that the dies should be recovered.

I for one do not drive my delorean on a regular basis because of the fear of having it damaged and the costly and slow repair process. Some kid dropped a battery on my left from fender. I have been waiting for 3 months for the Paintless Dent Removal guy to show up to fix the dents.

If replacement body panels were inexpensive and easy to get, I would drive my car alot more.

I am sure other D drives would do the same. This visibility would really improve the value and desirability of this classic modernistic car design.

Even if the dies are somewhat corroded most of that can be repaired. Even temporary patches can be installed for the limited production that would be necessary. We do not need 10,000 left from fender..

Reproducting a few thousand would be plenty.

If we do not do this our cars will eventually all become museum pieces to expensive and risky to drive. How many 300 SL gullwings do you see driving every day.? There was 5,000 of these made, and they all have virtually disappeared. Same thing with the Dodge Superbird and Superbees. The rubber front noses are over $10,000 so nobody drives them any more.

We have the SS frames now, (thanks to Pierce Engineering) once we have the dies, only the body mold and back into production :-)

Bob