           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. EFI Delorean
           From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. RE: Rock star Games
           From: "Chris Parnham" <cp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Dump sites
           From: "Quinn, Gary" <Gary.quinn2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Moderators and dies
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:46:11 -0000
   From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Want to dive DeLorean dump site.

I am not a professional diver but I think I know something about
diving. If the dies are attached to nets I think it might be very
dangerous to go near them because of the danger of entanglement. It
would also be difficult to get a remote camera to them, same problem.
Before even thinking about diving a lot of research needs to be done.
How many dies, there is a male and female for each set, how big? what
are the bottom conditions, weather, currents etc. Who placed them and
where. Are there any markings on them for identifacation? You need
to know what you are looking for and how it would appear so if you
find it you know what you have.The list goes on and on. The point is
you don't go in the water first without a lot of research first to
minimize the high costs of an expedition and have a high probability
of success. Ballard spent years doing research on some of the wrecks
he has found and luck still has a lot to do with it. Don't be naieve,
this could cost thousands of dollars and include a high level of
personal risk, this is not a "day at the beach".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> i would think if the dies are in the water they do not belong to
anybody because they
> have been abandoned for almost 20 years. isn't there a maritime law
regarding
> abandonment of anything in water. what about the titanic does
everything recovered
> belong to the passengers of the ship or the white star line? what
about all of the gold

Message: 2