misinformation

re:"> This "rumor" was not incorrect and you are the only one spreading
> misinformation. Rockstar did approach us about licensing the use of
the> logo for use in that game, which we declined for several reasons."

The origonal rebuttle touted that the CAR would not be in the game. It was
not specific to the LOGO being in the game. The response I got was that
after "careful consideration and dialogue" the Delorean would not be
featured in the game. Of course - none - of the cars are named after their
orignal trademarks, so it was obvious that the DMC 12's appearance would
have ZERO bearing on the approval of trademarks used.

As it stands - product on shelf - right now, GTAVC has a "Deluxo" in it,
which I think contradicts "the Delorean will not be in the game" in a
screamingly obvious way, unless you want to nitpick lgoos some
more.

Considering NONE of the cars in the games feature the maker's logos,
trademarks or true names, and nor did any previous cars in any of their
previous games, I still suspect that the story is less than credible since
there has never BEEN any pretense for Rockstar to start including
trademarks in a property that has never given them a second thought, let
alone motivated them to establish "a dialogue".

This is in response to a request for more info on this subject. I'm
enjoying tooling around a fictional Miami in a fictional DMC 12 / Deluxo
very much presently. Feel free to investigate the game guides on the
shelves at Best-Buy, Funcoland or other retail outlets that carry video
games to see it for yourself.

Monty Gabrys
mgabrys@xxxx