Moderating - A Hard Job

Our DML Moderators have a difficult job. They make the best decisions they
can. AND - It's an unpaid and thankless job. Worse than thankless, some
people who's posts get cut probably get upset with the moderator. I would
not want to do it, I wouldn't have the fortitude needed. Let's try to help
our moderators.

I have a thought which may help, and everyone can add to it.

If we can think of editing guidelines, this would take the burden off the
moderators and transfer guidelines. Any beef would then be directed at the
guidelines. These would be in addition to already written down guidelines.

DMLers and moderators: Could this help the DML?

One guideline might be that when a post is received on a valid DML topic,
the post is allowed if it is by a higher credentialed individual than has
commented to date. Example: A Masters degreed Chemical Engineer
estimating the current condition of the underwater steel dies. Such a post
has been innocently cut in the past.

Credentialed people will stop sharing their knowledge with the DML if there
work never makes it to the DML post.

Bob Hlavacek
10961