Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:26:26 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
Subject: Re: In-glass antennnae

Actually, di-pole antennas are notorious for BAD reception. Most
people try to go the other way.

DeLorean power antennas in the driver's Q panel are very accessible
after you remove the charcoal canister. Operation through the driver's
"vent" is wonderfully inconspicuous (I had no idea mine was there
until I replaced a fuse and the thing popped out). Haven't studied too
close, but makes sense any aftermarket antenna could be retrofitted.
For first time installations wiring might be easiest run through the
engine compartment rather than fishing around inside the pontoon.

Re: failing power antennas, in the bad old days power antennas were
often grounded through the case -> fender -> eventually to battery.
Didn't take a lot of rust or corrosion to break the circuit (could be
at a distant ground strap, not antenna mount). On my 1970's lincolns I
usually sandwich a new wire between the antenna and fender, then run
to a known good ground. Works every time. Our plastic DeLoreans of
course need a dedicated ground.

If your heart is set on a di-pole, quote me a price on your working
power antenna. I might buy as a spare.

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jack The Stripper <motti@xxxx> wrote:
I haven't had a lot of time to read my messages lately, so forgive

me if this has been covered, but has anyone here retrofitted their DeLorean

with an in-glass antenna or know someone who has? --Joe