Converting AUTOMATIC to MANUAL

hi
I've had a Lot and I mean ALOT of problems with my automatic 3 spd
transmission since getting my car and the problems just get worse and
worse. rahter than fix it more or buy a new auto DMC tranny, would it
be finacialy possible to convert to a delorean 5spd tranny? meaning
would it be worth doing? I mean whats it going to take to do this
conversion? about how much am i going to spend doing it? would i be
able to do this myself or will I be in WAY over my head? I was
originally going to put in a ZF 4hp22 4spd automatic tranny (idea and
info by bob brandy), but upon intensive research found that it is
going to be a very complicated and expensive task. I also found that
it too (as with many Auto Trannys) has its share of problems, and I
dont need any problems. anybody have any suggestions or ideas as to
what kind of parts im going to need and man hours need, ETC. any
input would be helpful
Thanks
Tony Izzo
VIN# 2467 (under construction)