Delorean parts

I have noticed that engine parts that will work in the DeLorean are easily acquired the only really expensive things I can see are body parts,frame parts,glass stuff like that.Why is every one so covinced that DeLorean parts are rare and expensive.I have talked with numerous owners who agree that DeLorean parts are not hard to get you just might have to wait a couple days.So why are people like spazzo so convinced that owning a DeLorean will break the bank?As for buying totally original DeLorean parts give me a break, if you think you must have original parts you are just wasting money.Valuing originality over function is ridiculous in a car that didnt stay in production long enough to get all the bugs out.I refuse to put in an original part if the new one performs better and lasts longer.