Re: [DML] Re: SS Free Flow Exhaust (and photos)

Re: [DML] Re: SS Free Flow Exhaust (and photos)

Hi Rich (and all)

Until I have the time to properly update the page on the DOC site, here are the results
of the dyno tests ("at the flywheel" figures)

www.cix.co.uk/~mgutkowski/stock.jpg
www.cix.co.uk/~mgutkowski/withcats.jpg
www.cix.co.uk/~mgutkowski/nocats.jpg

Also here's a photo of the system with cats fitted:

www.cix.co.uk/~mgutkowski/catspic.jpg

I'd like to stress that some figures were obtained with fuel adjustments and removal of
the cold air intake valve - full text to come. The exhaust will not perform miracles....
but if you're going to play with cams, lightened flywheel, porting and polishing.....
then you won't get far without a free-flowing exhaust.

My observation of Chris' "medium" system is that it sounds very "european" as opposed to
the deep burbling of an american exhaust (like the Island turbo kit). It has a nice deep
throb at idle, but positively screams when revved.

Martin
#1458 (getting a new system)
#4426 (getting the old one off #1458!)