17XXX VIN's

The only documentation that I have seen on these cars says that 150 were
produced. I will see if I can dig that up again and scan it and upload it
somewhere...

The 240 km/h speedo is NOT a true indicator of a Canadian-spec car. Too many
have been sold to others over the years - I think Stian Birkeland has one in
his car that we sold him. The throttle spool cover was a recall that should
be on all cars after a late 1981 VIN. I have never seen the split indicator
lights on any cars except ones that are in the UK, and haven't seen any
reference to them in any of the documents here, either. The unleaded fuel
label should be in French, too, and we have thousands of those, too -
another easily changed item.

Barring the discovery of other documentation, the only true indicator I
think is the VIN, it has to be a 17XXX series.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company