Help! Trunk stuck closed

I know this isn't something discussed on the open list, so I didn't check the archives, and I'll ask that any replies be sent to me directly at dmcox@xxxxxxxxxxxx As I was getting ready to head out to a car show Sunday, I went to open the trunck, and nothing! I had openied it earlier that morning, no problem. Now, there is no tension on the cable at all, and the hood won't open. Fortunately I had filled the tank the night before, so I have plenty of gas - no hood flap on my car! The cable does not appear to have broken - it is still securely attatched to the handle. I used a pair of pliers to pull the cable further than is possible with the handle, and could hear movement and feel some pressure from the lock, so it seems that the other end is still attached. I do not have a spare release cable set up - it's on my list of things-to-do, but since my cable seemed to be in good shape, it wasn't a very high priority. There is enough gas in the tank to get my to the closest service center, so that is an option also.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can open my trunk?

Thanks,
Dave DMCox(AT)delorean.com>