Speaking of the Automatic Trans..

I am still having a problem that I'd like to fix in order to get another year out for the 3 speed slushbox before doing a conversion to 5 speed...

Because of the turbo, the transmission does not shift correctly. Here is what I have observed:

With the vacuum line to the transmission connected, with a inline valve (the thing that works like a diode, to only allow vacuum and no boost) "normal" driving is fine. Everything shifts fine with no problem. Deceleration is fine too. However, under boost the transmission "slips" in third. So, if I give it a little gas (not enough to downshift) the revs jump, but the car does not move. If I downshift, all is well. I have the same problem when accelerating from a dead stop (especially when hot) 3'rd gear will not grab under boost.

With the vacuum line disconnected and capped, acceleration of all types arefine. All shifts (including 3rd) are solid and crisp. However, when I decelerate the car likes to buck when between 30-40 MPH. It feels like the car is shifting between 2 gears in a harmonic way. As soon as I get slow enough (or give it gas) the problem goes away.

Maybe Dick Ryan has a good solution to this, he is the only other turbo automatic owner I know of... But I'm willing to listen to anyone's ideas.

OR, if someone wants to give me a hand swapping the Auto with a 5-speed sometime soon that would be a better fix! :)

Thanks