minor wiring harness question

Hello All,

I've been working in my center console area making some minor
modifications. In the process, I've returned my dimmer rheostat to John
Harvey to be repaired... and I have a question about the five leads that run
to it.

There are four Red/Orange leads in two pairs, and one Red/White lead. There
is +12V power on one pair of the Red/Orange leads, which when connected to
the single Red/White lead powers the dashboard lights (very brightly, I
might add).

What I'd like to know is where do the other pair of Red/Orange leads lead
to, and should they be powered with the dashboard lights? I looked at the
Zilla schematic, and I can't trace where they go, or exactly what their
function is. With the switch removed, is there something important
somewhere that is going unpowered? As far as I can tell, all other lights
in the car are working, so there is nothing obviously not working.

Thanks,

-Hank