Re: BTTF pinball wanted

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, billsfanmd@xxxx wrote:
> I have begun the search, or might well be a quest to find a nice
condion Back
> to the future pinball....I have seen a few on ebay and various
other sights
> but none seem to be in very good condition or the price seems to
high....I
> have looked through a well respected pinball news group and to say
the game
> is looked down upon is an understatement
<SNIP>

I researched a bit too about the BTTF pinball machine a while back as
well. I too would like to eventually add one to my DeLorean
collection one day. As far as pinball machines go, it is not one of
the more coveted ones. This has nothing to do with either the
DeLorean, nor the movie. Data East was the manufacturer, and when
they designed the unit, they really neglected it. Most noticably the
MJF stand-in picture, and voice over. Also, the scoring system is not
a modern LED display. Rather it is the old fashioned numerical
display. Which makes no sense as to why an LED display wasn't
included. The technology was indeed available @ the time of
production, and was utilized on other games that DE released @ the
same exact time.

Now for the plus side. Not everything on the playing field is BTTF
specific. You do have bumpers and what not that spell out "DELOREAN",
and "DMC". And the sound effects I am told are from an actual DMC-12.
Everything from the engine rev, right down to the horn are supposed
to be 100% accurate.

So from a movie standpoint, the machine isn't the most accurate. But
from a DeLorean standpoint, it is indeed desireable. Take advantage
of some of the low prices on the unit while you can.

Online, there are a couple of websites that broker in arcade machines
for people's private game rooms. So you may want to contact one of
them. Or, better yet, look in your local telephone book for arcade
machine dealers. They may have the contacts to obtain, if not the
machine and parts you're seeking in stock somewhere.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"