Re: Platinum +4 plugs...

While it is true that the platinum plugs wear at a much lower rate
they are a lot more expensive. I think it is a good idea to examine
the plugs once in a while and when you have the platinum plugs you
might never take them out. Also Rob Grady is noticing on cars that he
had tuned up years ago with the platinum plugs, when he takes them out
once in a while he finds that the procelin seal has leaked allowing
the combustion pressure to blow-by. He no longer recomends platinum
plugs. Most Deloreans are not putting a lot of mileage on so you could
go for years on the standard plug and not wear it out. Chances are
when you change the plug and notice an improvement you are only
noticing the effect of a new plug properly gapped over an old, worn
plug, not that the platinum is any better for performance, it just can
hold a gap longer.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757