Re: Platinum +4 plugs...

Adam - I installed Bosch +4 plugs in Winged1 about a year ago, and
have been very pleased with them. They seem to stay clean, and the
engine is running very smooth. Before the +4's, I ran regular Bosch
platinum's, and they seemed to last >25,000 miles with no sign of
deterioration. I now have the +4's in my Explorer, and my Dodge
Intrepid, and have no complaints at all. I suspect that plugs are
just like oil ... everybody has an opinion, and they are all
different. As long as you use a good quality plug, and all the
other components in your ignition system are top notch, I don't
think you can go wrong. The medium heat range works well for me,
and Winged1 has about 77,000 miles, so we are at about the same
place in the life of our engines, all things being equal. At about
$6 each, the +4's are a bit steep, but look at the "Split Fires".
Those things were about the same price, and lasted a fraction of the
miles before they were showing signs of wear.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1