From: therealdmcvegas [mailto:DMCVegas@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 2:27 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Downfall of the DMC?

I will have to agree with Andy on this one. The best thing to do is to read
the
books available. Specificly, I would stick with "De Lorean", "Hard driving",
"Dream Maker", and "Stainless Steel Illusion".. These are the best books,
and
to get the full effect, I would reccomend reading them in that order. Once
you're done, read "De Lorean" over again, and alot of bits and pieces from
all
of the books will click together.

Was there any one thing that took DMC down? No. It was unfortunetly a
combination of a number of things that caused the demise. When you start
reading up on the subject, you begin to wonder just how it could have ended.
While there were a some mistakes made here and there in the form of things
that either should, or should not have been done, there wasn't a single
action
that caused any sort of a domino effect.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless@xxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know the actuall reasons that DMC ended up
> in bankrupcy? When all is said it seems to me that the
> company did quite well in its short time. Was it just
> that the DeLorean as an automoblibe didn't "fit the
> nitch" at that time in history? sorta to much to soon?
> or was it more related to competeing with the larger
> companys? Would be amazing to suspend reality for one
> instance and imagine where the DeLorean would be today
> given it had continuted production.
>
> Todd
> Vin5386
>
> =====
> For up to the minute details on the restoration of Vin5386 point your
browser
to, http://www.khpindustries.com/stainlessrestorations.html

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews