Re: [DML] Re: Paint for wheels (go with powder-coating)

Re: [DML] Re: Paint for wheels (go with powder-coating)

Jamie,

I had my first set polished and the inner surfaces painted semi-gloss black.
While they looked great I was disappointed by the porosity in the casting
and the general quality of the polishing work. Since then I have been
frustrated by the need to polish and the compound getting on the paint. I
would do it again BUT...

The next set I had polished, chromed and painted. Wow!!!! I have since
done three more sets and have been delighted. I have not seen the porosity
again (luck?) and the polish job was so precisely done as to look precision
machined. The company that did the work is CICC and is in the LA, Calif.
area. As I remember they cost a little over $110.00/wheel COD.

Don Ekhoff
Seegull