Re: [DML] Brake Pedal Travel

 It's probably your power brakes. Remove the Master Cylinder(you can leave the brake lines on to avoid having to bleed the system), and you'll see a push rod, you can rotate the bolt on the end to bring it out some. It won't require much, and too much will result in your brakes dragging (IE constantly engaged). If you just replaced the Master Cyl you'll probably have to tighten this up for a bit... then drive for a few weeks, then back it down. I don't know why that is but it's what Rob Grady told me, and it work on mine.Make sure your brake fluid is filled, but not too filled, it caused my brakes to engage slowly as the car warmed up!-James La Londe1981 Delorean DMC-12 vin#001697 LicPlate DMC XII1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 8001992 Ford Probe GT--- On Fri 09/20, Chris D'Urso < dursman@xxxx > wrote:From: Chris D'Urso [mailto: dursman@xxxx]To: dmcnews@xxxx: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:10:01 +0000Subject: Re: [DML] Brake Pedal TravelEric,It might just be something with our cars. I thought I had a brake problem and had everything swapped/checked, even installed a new master cyliner... but the brake pedal still gets pushed way down. My new thought was to install the braided brake lines. I haven't done it yet (they are still sittin in the garage) but hopefully they will help. 20 year old rubber lines might be a little old. Hope this helps.-chris->From: "Eric" >Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject: [DML] Brake Pedal Travel>Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:06:04 -0000>>I'm looking for some opinions...>>Because I have a lot of brake pedal travel, I have recently done>some brake inspection on my car. I assumed I would find worn pads.>This was far from the case.>>What I did find was four good working calipers, all the pads in>great shape, and four good rotors. I saw no evidence of leaking.>I did bleed all of the system completely, put in fresh hydraulic>fluid - but this did not change anything.>>My brakes do work, no shaking, hopping or squealing. No pulling.>Just an aweful lot of brake pedal travel.>>Any ideas? Master cylinder? I don't see any leaks at the master>cylinder.>>Eric>Dunedin, FL>ericp@xxxx>>>>>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:>moderators@xxxx>>To search the archives or view files, log in at >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/_________________________________________________________________MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspxTo address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:moderators@xxxx search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/