Re: [DML] RE: Bosch alternator swap

In a message dated 9/19/02 8:51:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
darryl@xxxx writes:

<< Try a Bosch #AL156X - its 110 amp and reportedly bolts right up. I
haven't used it myself, but PRV wizard John Lane swears by it. >>

Group, By the Bosch catalog. The AL156X is rated 100 amps and was made for
the 260 and 760 Volvo. It's a warehouse item only and that the last catagory
before going obslete. Bosch never made a true bolt on replacement fopr the
DeLorean. If they did they would have listed it in the catalogs. The AL156X
would have to be modified to work on the car and then the warranty would be
voided.
If you want a true bolt on replacement, check out the D110, 110 amp, the
D140, 140 amp and the D150, 150 amp. fom Special T Auto.com.
They are all brand new alternators with all Delco compatiable compoents and
are available most everywhere. They also have a 3 year warranty against
defects.