Re: A Delorean Pioneer Passes Along

I am deeply saddened to report the Jack Martins recently died of a aneurysm.

He was a pioneer in air bag development and worked with JZD in building the first two DeLoreans with airbags that were crash tested.

Jack was involved in original safety testing of the D including issues involving the escaping from a flip car with gull wing doors and whether the side window should be glued in as a structural member.

Jack has worked as an automobile design consultant for almost 40 years. He also has worked as an legal expert investigating many design problems.

He will be deeply missed by our family.

BOB