Trailing Arm Bolts (again)

Hello List - I wanted to toss a quick note out regarding a car that
was recently purchased by a PNDC member here in the Seattle area. The
car was standing at a repair shop with a completely fractured TAB, and
the threaded half was completely missing (including the nut, shims,
and large flat washers. The new owner bought the car, and brought it
home on a dolly. I swapped out the broken bolt with a new TOBY-TAB
(of course!), and also changed the other bolt. The "non-fractured"
bolt was substantially bent, with several areas of galling wear and
corrosion pitting. The car came with complete records since new (it
was a one-owner car), and the TAB's had been changed with OEM bolts at
least once, and inspected and retorqued several times. The car had
about 52K miles on it. The passenger side (where the fractured bolt
was) trailing arm rubber bushing retention plate was bent, and the
bushing was somewhat deformed, indicating that the bolt had been
broken before, in a violent fashion, resulting in the damage to the
adjacent hardware. As I look at my remaining stock of TOBY-TAB's, I
just thought you'd like to know!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1