Re: Clackity clack don't talk back

On 16-09-2002 19:07, "James La Londe" wrote:

> The thing is the car purrs like a kitty cat when at idle or low RPM
> and it's only when accelerating it makes the clacking.
> Performance is not effected... Sounds like it may be originating
> from the passeger side of the engine compartment..

I don't think this would sound Clackity Clack, but since it's so
simple to check out it's worth the try: Do the fanblades on the
alternator by any chance hit anything? When the RPM on these go up
they tend to bend out a bit becuase of the centrufigal forces.
If they do, they'll make noise and eat through your fanbelt if
you're unlucky enough...

Hope this helps,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...