Re: IDLE SOLVED wierd problem fixed!!!

Lubricate the throttle spool and cable. If that isn't enough then
adjust the link between the throttle spool and throttle valves,
loosening one end and lengthening one turn, that should be all that
you need. Remember that there is a locking pin in the ball socket
which must be removed first to get the end off, just like on the
struts but smaller. You should either locktite the screws on the
throttle plates or "stake" them so they can't come loose.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "James La Londe" <deloreandmcxii@xxxx> wrote:
> My car idles right! (YAY)My throttle linkage was not adjusted
properly and didn't allow the spring to pull back to idle, nor allow
you to open to WOT. I still have to tap the pedal to make the car kick
down to idle... but it's better than it was.Another problem I'd
thought I'd share was a loose butterfly valve. Not only did it cause a
rattle but would cause bouth valve to get stuck open sometimes...
causing drastically high idle.If you're having troublesome idle issues
you may want to check this out too.. just align and tighten the screws
on the butterfly and viola. less engine rattle and perfect idle.I'd
still like the engine to idle w/o me having to tap the pedal...Happy
driving all!! it's coming up on my favorite driving season!! (except
those pesky droopy doors)-James La Londe1981 Delorean DMC-12
vin#001697 LicPlate DMC XII1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 8001992 Ford Probe GT