angle drive removal question

The cable end of my angle drive broke off.
So: how does one remove it? I see there is snap ring in the drawings, but I
can't see it under there. The workshop manual kind of glazes over this when
addressing suspension and never approaches it elsewhere.

Also, for those not sure how to lubricate the speedo right angle drive
/adapter:
1. Disconnect cable
2. put a wrench on it angle drive (only, not the big nut for the hub) and
turn it upside down
3. remove the set screw
4. fill with 90wt gear oil or heavier.
5. replace set screw, turn back and replace cable.

Doh! if only I had seen it spelled out like that. I was simply removing
cable and trying to pump fluid in the cable access. I didn't know it would
spin semi-freely like that.
Also, those in wet and/or cold environments may be interested in the rubber
boot available from dealers like DMC-Hou.