Re: [DML] DeLorean giveaway

According to someone that I spoke with at DeLorean Motor Company, the
DeLorean will not be featured in the game itself. Their reasoning was that
they've spent many years trying to make a good image for the car. The
public has so many misconceptions about the car and unfortunately some
people still associate it with drugs and think of the car as a joke simply
because they don't know the truth. He said it wasn't that they're trying to
be prudish, but the game contains rather controversial material that they
didn't want to be associated with. Rockstar games (the publisher of the
Grand Theft Auto series) has a link to DMC on their website. According to
them they called it "THE car of the '80s."

I'm a big fan of the game and as much as I wanted the DeLorean to be in the
game, I can understand their reasoning completely. I wouldn't want it to be
just another joke of the '80s.

If anyone out there has anything to clear up in this matter, it would be
appreciated.

payne