Re: [DML] Hoping to purchase my first DeLorean, but need some insight

Re: [DML] Hoping to purchase my first DeLorean, but need some insight

Sam, If you have been reading the DML list for a while you'll see we very
seldom talk about having engine problems except trying to increase HP cheap.
We all know there isn't any way to do that. Most of the problems are due to
neglect in updating and just plain keeping the car up. Grounds wires,
connectors, relays, 02 sensors, adjusting for wear, coolant level, over
heating and so on.
These are 20 year old cars and if they haven't been kept up then it falls on
the next caring person to do it. That's where the valve of the car comes in.
How has it been taken car of vs what need to be done to make it a reliable
driving and running car.
John Hervey
www.special T auto.com

<< I'm no mechanic and I've never torn down or rebuilt an engine, but I
used to own an older Chevy which needed attention quite a bit... so I'm
used to reading manuals and fixing stuff myself. If I purchase a
DeLorean that needed some engine work, but had a sound engine, could I
work on this myself and get parts easily from my local hardware store or
online? Also, are there sufficient manuals and books to help with this? >>